From Knowing Me Knowing You to Mid Morning Matters, millions of people have listened to, watched and laughed at Alan Partridge for nearly 30 years. The Norwich based character portrayed by Steve Coogan has become a comic icon in Britain since first appearing on BBC Radio 4 in 1991.
But do you think you know all there is know about Partridge? Test your knowledge with this 25 question challenge…
1. We’ll start off easy. What is Partridge’s middle name?
2. Alan has an estranged wife and two children. What are their names?
3. Whose orchestra composes the soundtrack to the chat show Knowing Me Knowing You?
4. Which guest was shot live on Knowing Me Knowing You forcing the show to come to a shameful end?
5. In the 1995 TV short Alan Patridge’s Country Rambling, whose country estate is Alan ‘rambling’ next to?
6. In the 1997 episode of I’m Alan Partridge titled Alan Attraction, receptionist Jill returns to the Peartree Productions office to find all the staff have left. Where does Alan say they’ve gone?
7. Which piece of music does Alan claim will “knock your socks off” during his date with Jill?
8. Following the date, Alan dumps Jill live on air with a poorly-masked monologue that forms part of which radio feature?
9. Some ill-judged comments on his radio show lead Alan to become public enemy number one with the farming community. What does he suggest the local Farmers’ Union head has eaten for breakfast?
10. What item does Alan tell the estate agent to get rid of whilst he views his “five bedroom b****** house”?
11. BBC exec Chris Feather is introduced to Alan by chief commissioning editor Tony Hayers how?
12. What is Alan looking to borrow from mourners at Tony Hayers’ funeral?
13. What was the cause of Tony Hayers’ death?
14. At the end of the first series of I’m Alan Partridge, Alan and Lynne are clearing up the remains of a catastrophic party in his hotel room. What music do they put on as they work?
15. “I gorged on Toblerone and drove to Dundee in my bare feet” Alan says in Series 2 as he recalls when he suffered a breakdown. What car did he drive to Dundee in?
16. Alan threatens his old school rival Phil Wiley with which implement after an unpleasant encounter at a petrol station?
17. ‘Dante’s of Reading’ ask Alan to present a sales conference for them. What product do they supply?
18. After getting himself locked out of Chorister’s on the way into the conference, Alan pierces his foot on a spike, prompting Lynne to offer to present in his place. How does Alan reject her request?
19. What is the name of the shop that is run by Dan, who Alan befriends at the BP garage in the episode Brave Alan?
20. Their friendship turns sour when Alan and Lynne find out that Dan and his wife are swingers. How does Lynne inform them she’s not interested in joining in?
21. Alan takes an instant dislike to Michael’s new American-obsessed friend in the episode Never Say Alan Again. What is this friend’s name?
22. In the same episode, Alan declares himself “Norfolk’s maddest man”. What prompts him to do this?
23. Alan gets very nervous about the arrival of two Inland Revenue inspectors. What song does he play air bass to in order to break the tension?
24. During their interrogation of Alan about his tax affairs, he breaks wind while placing his feet above his head. How does he later account for it?
25. Which phrase is Alan criticised for including too much in his autobiography?